A program that supports and mentors the next generation of early childhood teachers.
For over 20 years, Verner Center for Early Learning has been a leader in more ways than one: our commitment to developing the youngest among us, our thorough support for families and communities, and our investment in the development of educators. Verner’s centers provide a supportive, inclusive work environment, with a strong emphasis on one-on-one mentorship. Verner staff are expected to foster the inclusive, play-based, interactive and reflective learning atmosphere that families have come to expect of us. Ideal applicants are open-minded and willing to grow and learn about innovative child development and family engagement best practices.
Apply with the Verner Residency program to experience a semester long PAID teaching residency!
- Full time pay that includes 28-32 hours in classroom and 10 hours to be in class or teacher development.
- Placement with Mentor teachers in a Residency classroom that supports new teachers in developing classroom skills.
- Financial Support with early childhood classes that can be for a CDA, AA, BA. or MA.
- •One-on-One Coaching that uses Reflective Supervision practices and strength-based feedback.
The early education Teacher Residency program is a specialized training initiative that combines classroom-based learning with practical, hands-on experience for aspiring early childhood educators.
- Providing aspiring teachers with the opportunity to work alongside experienced educators in real classrooms, allowing them to observe, assist, and gradually assume teaching responsibilities under supervision.
- Verner Teacher Residency Program offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers child development, instructional strategies, classroom management, and assessment methods specific to early childhood education.
- The ultimate goal of an early education Teacher Residency program is to prepare and empower the next generation of educators, equipping them with the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience to provide high-quality education and support to young children.
Residency’s run on a Fall/Spring Semester schedule. Contact Ashley Parks at email@example.com for more information on the residency position or fill out the interest form below.
“When teachers are filled with a sense of their own strengths, vitalities, and aspirations, and when they are invited to imagine the possibilities that would make their life and work more wonderful, they get fully engaged in self-directed learning. Their energy goes up, and their resistance goes down.” Bob and Megan Tschannen-Moran, Evocative Coaching
Verner Center for Early Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Verner centers embrace DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging) as organizing principle to foster safe and inclusive workplaces.